PRESCHOOL, PREKINDERGARTEN, AND KINDERGARTEN
The curriculum provides enriching, stimulating activities and experiences for the young gifted child. Children can play, work, and learn in a supportive atmosphere that sets free a child’s curiosity and interests, encouraging exploration and experimentation. The goal of the program is to produce happy, self-confident children with positive feelings toward themselves, learning, and school.
- To establish positive attitudes toward school and learning
- To develop a healthy, realistic self-concept
- To acquire appropriate and respectful interpersonal skills
- To encourage independence and responsibility
- To facilitate higher-level and critical thinking
- To encourage emotional and intellectual risk-taking
- To develop language and mathematical thinking
- To increase task commitment
- To broaden the base of knowledge
- To nurture creativity and curiosity
- To lay a foundation for independent inquiry and research
- To foster the development of self-discipline
ABOUT EARLY CHILDHOOD
The students participate in units of study and use a variety of manipulative and art materials. Preschool students read and write to the extent of their ability. Handwriting instruction begins in Prekindergarten. Formal reading and math instruction begins in Kindergarten, and children are grouped with others having similar skills. Students receive instruction from specialists in Spanish, art appreciation, music, and physical education. Each classroom is equipped with iPads, and Kindergarten students go to media class for additional instruction.
Monday – Friday: 8:15AM – 12:00PM **
(age 3 by Aug 1)
Extended Day available
Monday – Friday: 8:15AM – 3:15PM
(age 3 by Aug 1)
(age 4 by Aug 1)
(age 5 by Aug 1)
EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM
Children in Half-Day Preschool may participate in the Extended Day Program. This program provides a continuation of activities throughout the afternoon for Half-Day Preschool students. It is open to students who have attended that day’s morning class.
Monday – Friday: 12:00PM – 3:15PM
Contact Duane Emery, Director of Enrollment Management, for more information.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.