Sycamore Quest, a before and after school care program, is available to Sycamore students in preschool through grade eight. We are pleased to be able to offer Sycamore students supervision, flexibility, and study time before and after school. Sycamore provides an opportunity for before-school and afterschool care of students through the Quest program.
Students who attend Quest after school receive a daily snack, quiet time for homework (40 minutes daily), supervised physical activity, and periodic opportunities for visiting the library, utilizing the computer lab, and working on craft projects. All students younger than Fourth Grade that are in the building after dismissal must be in Quest, unless they are with an adult or enrolled in an after-school activity.
The library will be open to students in Grades Four through Eight from 3:15-4:30 (2:15-3:30 on Fridays) for study, research, and homework. The Hagerman Family Commons will be open to students in Grade Five through Eight from 3:20-5:00 (2:20-4:00 on Fridays). Afterschool access to the library and Hagerman Family Commons is a privilege and is dependent upon the students complying with the rules.
Students requiring access to a computer after school must make arrangements with a teacher who is willing to provide supervision. The computer classroom (Room 53) will not be available unless prior arrangements are made. Please read thoroughly and carefully the following guidelines pertaining to before-school and after-school supervision of students:
1. In the mornings before school, Quest is available for children in Preschool through Eighth Grade, starting at 7:00 a.m.
2. Early Childhood and Lower School students who enter the building before 8:00 a.m. will be checked into Quest. Standing outside the gym or wandering the halls will not be permitted.
3. Middle School students may be dropped off at the middle school doors as early as 7:30 each morning. The Hagerman Family Commons is available for Middle School students from 7:30 until 7:50 a.m. Students may not be in the Middle School hallway prior to 7:50 a.m. unless they are going to meet with a teacher for extra help.
4. Students in Grades 4-8 using the library and students in Grades 5-8 using the Hagerman Family Commons after school must report by 3:40 (2:40 Friday) and
must have work to do (reading, writing, studying). Students will be allowed to leave the library or the Hagerman Family Commons only if they are picked up to go home or if they check into Quest. After the library and Hagerman Family Commons close, students who have not been picked up from school will automatically be checked into Quest and Quest fees will apply.
5. Any student who is not using the library or Hagerman Family Commons appropriately will automatically be checked into Quest, and Quest fees will apply.
6. There will be times when the library and the Hagerman Family Commons will be closed, and students will either have to be picked up at dismissal or report to Quest.