1. All Sycamore students are identified as children with high intellectual potential.
2. Our students have a wide range of academic needs that are met within the kindergarten classroom.
3. At the same time, we respect and honor the fact that kindergarteners are five and six-year-old children, not little adults.
4. In addition to appropriate academic challenge, free play is a part of each kindergarten day.
5. Kindergarten children have two recesses and two special area classes each day along with a brief time to rest and “decompress” after lunch.
6. Our Kindergarten students go on an average of 10 field trips and are treated to 13 guest speakers each year.
7. We constantly work to address the social and emotional needs of gifted kindergarten students.
8. Our teachers are experienced and trained specifically in the education of young gifted children.